We are working to make the garden a resource for everyone in the neighborhood. We invite anyone who lives in the area to participate – in whatever way works for you.
GARDENING YOUR OWN PLOT: We ask gardeners to commit to these guidelines:
• Confirm that you want a plot by March 1st and start tending your plot by May 1st
• Tend your plot at least once a week between May and through September (understanding that some weeks may get missed here or there)
• Join spring clean-up day and fall closing day, or take on another task if can’t attend
• Let us know right away if you can no longer tend your plot
• Each plot is $20 per year, which includes covering the cost of water and other maintenance. If this cost is a problem for you, just let us know – we don't want anyone to drop off because of money.
STEWARDSHIP GROUP: This groups is made up of residents who live near the garden and want to help steward this community resource. Some Stewardship Group members garden at the site themselves, but that is not a requirement. The group focuses on:
• Creating a community garden that helps build connections and good will in our neighborhood
• Stewarding the upgrade and redevelopment of the garden, including helping with fundraising (see the redevelopment plans for the garden)
• Ensuring that our community garden runs smoothly each year, by helping to establish guidelines and helping to resolve any issues that arise, as needed
OTHER VOLUNTEERING OR DONATING: If you have something you think the garden could use we would love to know! We could use the following:
Tools (metal rakes, trowels, shears, shovels)
Perennial flower plants
If you have another way you think you could help, we also want to know! Contact us at FLHGarden@gmail.com